I just can’t write enough about Barcelona; let’s with start some quick information about the city then we can dine!
Barcelona (Catalonia) is the largest cruise port in Europe and the Mediterranean and the fourth largest worldwide. Barcelona is the perfect destination to start or end your cruise vacation with an opportunity to spend a few days on land. Boasting a unique blend of modern, cosmopolitan attitude and a rich architectural and historic legacy, Barcelona will amaze you with its contrasts and diversity. Take a stroll through the old part of the city, the busy Rambla Avenue, the lively port area, and the Gothic Quarter with its medieval atmosphere. Discover Barcelona’s Modernist heritage, where the work of Gaudí stands out with places such as the Sagrada Familia Cathedral, Casa Batlló House and Güell Park, the UNESCO-designated World Heritage site. Architects will enjoy Barcelona’s award winning design aesthetic as it is the only city to ever win a RIBA Royal Gold Medal for its architecture. Foodies will marvel at the gastronomic wonders of Catalonia, the land of master chef Ferran Adria. The province lists 53 Michelin Star restaurants, with 20 of those located in Barcelona.
La Boqueria is a really nice place to visit and there are plenty of nice tapas place inside (Pinotxo, El Quim)
Here is a list of where to dine (courtesy of Sandrine Velia from Grand Hotel Central – six very happy guests stayed there last year) :
For traditional Catalan restaurants
- 7 Portes: It is about 15 minutes walking distance to the hotel. Average price 45 euro per person.http://www.7portes.com/
- El Pintor: Located at 10 minutes walking to the hotel. Average price 45 euro. http://www.gruptravi.com/pintor/index.html
- L’Auca: A new concept in traditional Catalan cuisine. It is located about 15 minutes by taxi. Average price 45 euro per person. http://www.laucabcn.com
- Lonja de Tapas: Very good tapas. It is 10 minutes walking distance to the hotel. Average price 35 euro per person. http://www.lonjadetapas.com/
- Tapas Locas: Good variety of tapas and paellas of all kind. It is located on the olimpic Harbour. Average price 25 € per person.
- Bar del Pla:
- Tapas 24:
For Fish and Sea Food restaurants
- Neyras: Excellent Seafood restaurant, located just only 3 minutes from the hotel. Average price 40 €. http://www.senyorparellada.com/sitio/ingles/parellada.html
- La Gavina: Fish and seafood. It is about 12 minutes walking distance to the hotel. Average price 45 euro per person. http://www.lagavina-rte.com/castellano/lagavina/lagavina.html
- Nou Ramonet: Located at 20 minutes walking to the hotel. Average price 40 euro.www.elnouramonet.com/
- Botafumeiro: The most famous restaurant in town for seafood and fish. Average price 60-100 euro. http://www.botafumeiro.es/indexen.htm
For Mediterranean and fresh food from the market restaurants. Cool atmosphere
- Limbo: Mediterranean and signature cuisine. Cool atmosphere. Average price 40 euro per person. http://www.limborestaurante.com/
- Arcano: Mediterranean food. Only 5 minutes walking distance to the hotel. Cool atmosphere. Average price 35 € per person. http://11870.com/pro/restaurante-diez-x/media
For meat restaurants
- Patagonia: For a good meat, this is an Argentinean restaurant. Located at 12 minutes walking distance to the hotel. http://www.patagoniabw.com/ Average price 50 euro.
- Asador de Aranda: For a good meat, this is a typical Spanish restaurant. Located at 10 minutes distance to the hotel. http://asadordearanda.com/
- Comerç 24: http://www.comerc24.com/ Average price: 60 euro. Creative cuisine.
- Torre de Alta Mar: http://www.torredealtamar.com/main_en.html Average price: 70 euro. As it is on top of a tower, just to advice it is not recommended for those who altitude makes them giddy.
For fashionable restaurant & Club
- CDLC (Carpe Diem Lounge Club): Just in front of the sea side, on the beach. Exclusive, craze and cool. Average price for dinner 40 euro. Free access and queue-jump to the club only if you ask for the card at reception. http://www.cdlcbarcelona.com/#00_home
For more expensive restaurants you have the ones with Michelin’s star:
- Abac: http://www.restaurantabac.com/ Average price: 110 euro
- Moo: http://www.hotelomm.es/ Average price: 120 euro
Want to plan a trip built around Barcelona? Interested in a complimentary Barcelona tourist card?