Looking for the new up and coming luxury destinations? No matter what destination you desire, working with us will save you time – lots of time especially on the loose-ends that make up a complete trip. Here’s the latest on up and coming luxury destinations from my Signature Travel Network seminar. None of these on your list just yet? Let me know what is on your radar screen so I can be on the lookout – OK?
South America: Argentina (Mendoza), Brazil, Chile, and Peru
Mendozoa is a large wine producing region in Western Argentina. This is just one area where you can sample a Malbec. Tours to Mendoza may start in Buenos Aires and finish in Santiago. You’ve traveled so far west in Argentina might as well taste some wine in Chile and go home from Santiago.
- Park Hyatt Mendoza – www. mendoza.park.hyatt.com
- Las Cavas – www.cavaswinelodge.com
- Entre Cielos – www.entrecielos.com
Been to the various “Riviera’s” in the Med and ready for something in a comparable time zone? (Remember, while traveling to South America is a long trip, you will wind up in similar time zones of the US.) Buzios , Brazil has a Mediterranean resort atmosphere as a new luxury destination. Also up to try is Paraty, Brazil.
Rio de Janeiro Hotels
- Caesar Park Rio – www.caesarpark-rio.com
- Copacabana Palace
- Hotel Fasano Rio – www.fasano.com.br
- Hotel Santa Teresa – www.santa-teresa-hotel.com/en
Cruise: Cruceros Australis – www.australis.com
A cruise like no other that the big ships can’t even dream of doing. Explore the Ushuaia Route on your Chile travel to enjoy the stunning, natural beauty of Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego.
Punta Arenas/Patagonia region:
- Explora en Patagonia Hotel Salto Chico – www.explora.com/explora-patagonia/hotel-salto-chico
- The Singular – www. thesingular.com
Ushuaia: Los Cauquenes – www.loscauquenes.com/en
- Country Club Hotel (Lima) – www.hotelcountry.com
- Hotel Monasterio (Cusco) – www.monasteriohotel.com
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge (Machu Picchu) – www.sanctuarylodgehotel.com
- Miraflores Park (Lima) – www.miraflorespark.com
- Palacio Nazarenas (Cusco) – www.palacionazarenas.com
Europe: Sicily, Iceland, and Ukraine
Sicily has the culture along with food and wine and some of the most beautiful Greek Temples. Going to Rome? So are Five Million others! Want to get into the Vatican museums after hours? You will have a much better expereince wihtout the huge crowds.
- Gran Hotel Timeo (Taormina) – www.grandhoteltimeo.com
- Rocco Forte Verdura (Sciacca region, Western Sicily) – www.verduraresort.com
- Villa Sant’Andrea (Taormina Mare) – www.hotelvillasantandrea.com
Ukraine – Kiev is a real up and comer now!
Preferred Tour Operators (US based)
- Exeter International – www.exeterinternational.com
Iceland – Land of the Midnight Sun. Since Iceland’s currency collapse, it’s more affordable then ever and a shorter flight from New York City Los Angeles. YES, Iceland is really that close.
- Iceland Travel – www.icelandtravel.is
Madagascar – think of as the “Galapagos of Africa. This island is about the same length as the distance from New York city to Miami. 90% of the species on the island are endemic. Did you know that there are 100 types of Lemurs on the island?
Zanzibar – this island is close to the coast
How about Rovos? A railway that runs along Victoria Falls (in between Zambia and Zimbabwe).
Preferred Hotels In The Region
Asia: Myanmar and Mekon Delta
Myanmar – - another destination not yet overrun with crowds.
- The Governor’s Mansion (Yangon) – www.governorsresidence.com
River cruises in Myanmar are also growing in popularity
Vietnam-Cambodia Mekong Cruise
- Hotel de la Paix (closed from June 30th, 2012 and reopening 1st quarter 2013 as Park Hyatt Siem Reap) – www.hoteldelapaixangkor.com
- Park Hyatt Siem Reap (Opens 1st quarter 2013) – www.park.hyatt.com
- Park Hyatt Saigon – www.saigon.park.hyatt.com
- Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor (Siem Reap) – www.raffles.com/siem-reap
- Raffles Hotel Le Royal (Phnom Penh) – www.raffles.com/phnom-penh